Wednesday, September 21, 2011

We have to get stupid again

            I have got to find some inspiration.  Thinking about quitting the job.  Really don't want to fill out that Grad School application.  I'll do it at work.  Then... I can't... quit.
            Practical skills?  Maybe get good at computers?  I've gotta read and take notes on how to write something that you would want to read/  I went out and drank a couple of beers yesterday and told my traumatic life story and it took me a minute and a half.  When things suck I want to get them over with in a hurry.
           Was thinking of making a list of athletes who are crazy enough to potentially change their names.  In honor of Ron Artest becoming Metta World Peace.  Then we obviously have Chad Ocho-cinco.
          Stephen Jackson
          Nyjer Morgan
          Mike Tyson:  Puncher Collins
          Ray Lewis (He did kill a guy)
          Tiger Woods:  If his original name wasn't funny enough.  I think it's like a "Flaming Moe", because you're used to hearing it there's nothing weird about it anymore.
          This has to be an ongoing list.  Ya know how when you are waiting for the mail it never shows up?  I never stop watching cartoon shows.  Regular Show is pretty great.  Gotta be purposefully eccentric but not too pretentious.  I realized there was a big list of pretentious things I was up to, so I'm trying to get out of that.  Like, actually listening to all of the 12,000 songs on my Ipod instead of just the 900 best rated ones.  But, hoarding isn't pretentious. 
          Am I improving at this writing thing yet?  I'll give it a couple more weeks and go back and read everything I've put down.  Suaze.  Am I counting on the internet to become extensions of my thoughts?  Can this thing just be my brain in awhile?
           The difficult thing about writing stories is figuring out what you want to happen and not having it happen in two lines.  I need to find a website where I can do a journal type of thing at work.  Everything with "blog" in the title is blocked.  It'll be a lot easier to write when I have nothing else to do.  Having nothing to do should be great, not boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment