Monday, September 19, 2011

3

Welcome to the new age.


First of all, ordered 2 new books.  Got a Ray Bradbury one about channeling your creativity or something.  Also, one about writing a novel in 90 days.  Sounds about perfect, because in 90 days I should be back in grad school.  Should.  Yeah, putting in the work for it.  3 hours a day.  Not a lot to show for it yet.  I think I've produced slightly more the first 3 days of this experiment, though.  I liken it to the way Murakami relates it to running, it's about building endurance and stumbling over those stumbling blocks enough times to stumble and keep on going. 

Here's another show where Zooey Deschanel plays a quirky person.  Why did they let her do the theme song?  I can't wait to watch "The Complete Series" on DVD in 5 months.  I sing to myself just like Zooey Deschanel, like a cross between Jack Black and her.  Seriously, when a hot girl answers a craigslist add to move in with 3 guys, those three guys are going to be a diverse group of cleanly, well adjusted, well-behaved dudes.  They are going to consider whether or not to let you live with them based on the fact that you have hot friends.  None of them will talk about who wants to bang you in the bathroom.  In the interest of Fox sitcoms, we have to adhere by the sitcom rules.  Well, at the end of the episode the one guy said he'd "do" her.  That's better.  Maybe there's still hope.

Watching Chasing Amy yesterday, even back then you could tell Ben Stiller was better than the rest of those guys.  Oops, Ben Affleck. Matt Damon just looked too young to hit it big, I think he made a small cameo.  Those 10 years where Ben Stiller was phoning it in, if marrying Jennifer Lopez was phoning it in, he knew he was more talented than the majority of those writers/actoors out there.  Yeah, he was just a smug douche who looked down on his friends. I meant to find a picture of some of the disgusting 90s outfits he wears in the movie, but none of the pictures are online. On an unrelated note, in a boisterous prognostication,  I bet the dude wins a best director oscar at some point.

Ok here's my problem with school.  People who use school to create an over supportive group of school friends.  Then, once you're out of school, you go back to school, and meet a new group of over supportive people who want to tell you how great your writing is.  If they do, you'll tell them about how great they are.  I guess I would hope people would hold themselves to a higher standard than the low writing-group-vindication one.  Or, no, I wouldn't.  Mediocrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment